Okay ... Nicole and I were 'talking' about chocolate cookies and what might be good ones ... Well, here are a few of the best (in my opinion)! I only wish I had pictures so you knew what you were getting into!
Mom’s Chocolate Crinkles
½ cup vegetable oil
4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix oil, chocolate, and sugar. Blend in one egg at a time until mixed. Add vanilla. Measure flour by dip, level and pour method. Stir salt, flour and baking powder. Then CHILL!
Shape 1 tsp. of dough into a ball in hand. Drop in powdered sugar. Place 2” apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
Grandma Shirley’s Chocolate Drop Cookies
1 cup margarine (I like to use 1 cube margarine, 1 cube butter)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 1-oz. squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
4 cups + 1 Tbsp. flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup sour milk, ½ cup buttermilk
(can use 1 cup of either – sour milk is milk with vinegar in it)
1 cup nuts
Mix in usual baking order. Bake in 375 degree oven for 7-9 minutes. Frost with butter cream frosting.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Kaye Field
Cream 1 cup shortening and 2 cups sugar
Add 2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
Combine together: 4 cups flour, ¾ cup cocoa, 1 tsp. Salt, 1 tsp. Soda
Add to above mixture.
Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350
Pull out of oven and put on top of each cookie ½ marshmallow on each cookie. Return to oven for two minutes. Pull from oven and pat marshmallow down. Frost or drizzle with icing when cool.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Chocolate Cookies Anyone?
Posted by Paula at 10:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Too bad you don't have pictures, but I think there are many people who can vouch for you! They are all delicious!
OH man! I'm gonna try them both! I can't wait.
I can't believe you are just giving away all your secrets away like this! It is like the person getting revenge on Neiman Marcus for having to pay 250 for the cookie receipe. Except in this case you would be Neiman Marcus and you are just throwing it out there.
Post a Comment